Haskell Platform Proposal: HLint

John Smith voldermort at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 8 02:21:12 EST 2010

On 08/11/2010 06:41, Sterling Clover wrote:
> Uniplate and hscolour are also very good packages, but the former is one of many generics solutions, and the latter is rather special purpose. As such, I don't necessarily want to propose them for the platform at this time. But if there's not a straightforward way to coax cabal into installing the binary without the libraries, then there's always the sledgehammer solution of periodically pulling their repos into the HLint source tree.

Are these really arguments against their inclusion? If so, perhaps the bar for inclusion is too high - that a package is
a dependency of a desired package ought to count for /something/. If uniplate and hscolour meet the quality
requirements, then the question of why include them has already been answered.