Summary and call for discussion on text proposal

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Sun Nov 7 18:24:35 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Roman Leshchinskiy <rl at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:

> Packages where the first argument is a predicate (in the order that Hayoo shows them):
>
> [...super-long list...]
>
> Packages where the first argument is something else:
>
> text

Bryan is obviously not unaware of the prior art and has explained his
rationale. There is a crucial distinction between those other examples
and text, namely that those other containers are intended to work
element-wise and text isn't.

I fear I am contributing to the bureaucratic paper-shuffling I've been
complaining about -- I think my vote is clear and I'll be bowing out
of the discussion now.

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>