Haskell Platform call for consensus: add 'text' package

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sun Nov 7 04:13:46 EST 2010

bos:
> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:
> > The next step here then will be for the author to address the naming
> > concern with a proposed change. We can then repeat the check.
>
> I've actually lost track of the various different proposals, because
> that threads sprawled so much. I'm still leaning towards not changing
> any names, but I might go back and look. At this point, HP inclusion
> isn't looking worth the trouble.

Chin up!

I read the entire thread yesterday, and there's lots of sensible
discussion. Authors simply do not have to respond to every concern,
especially when the concerns themselves are in flux.

What I would ask everyone to keep in mind is that *we are not aiming for
perfection*. The goal is to have a useful library set, that improves on
the current situation. Discussion should be framed with this in mind.

-- Don