Haskell Platform decision: time to bless parsec 3?

Martijn van Steenbergen martijn at van.steenbergen.nl
Sat Nov 6 12:24:10 EDT 2010

I would like to see some changes before it becomes a blessed package.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the following ideas:

* Get rid of the user state type parameter u. If you want state, set m =
StateT s.
* Text.Parsec.Prim currently exports its own version of <|> specialized
to the ParsecT type constructor. Is there a good reason for this? It
clashes when I also import Control.Applicative in my own modules.
* Most of the combinators in Text.Parsec.Combinator have types
specialized to ParsecT (with a Stream class constraint as consequence)
while they could be defined in terms of Applicative only. I think these
should be rewritten in terms of Applicative (or Monad if absolutely
necessary) whenever possible.

Groetjes,

Martijn.