Haskell Platform call for consensus: add transformers and revise the mtl package to depend on it

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Nov 3 12:44:33 EDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 02:17:03PM +0100, Johan Tibell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a call for consensus for the following proposal:
>
>     http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/Proposals/transformers
>
> Are there any unresolved concerns?

+1 from me.  As an experience report, I just ported the diagrams
package to mtl-2.  As a matter of fact it did require some changes,
because one place in the code explicitly used the Cont constructor
which had to be changed to ContT (and some Identity wrapping and
unwrapping added).  But it wasn't a big deal and it works fine now.

-Brent