Announce: Haskell Platform 2010.1.0.0 (beta) release

Benjamin L. Russell DekuDekuplex at
Tue Mar 30 13:56:51 EDT 2010

Don Stewart <dons at> writes:

> Live from (post-) Zurihac, I'm pleased to announce the 2010.1.0.0 (beta branch)
> release of the Haskell Platform, supporting GHC 6.12.
> The Haskell Platform is a comprehensive, robust development environment for
> programming in Haskell. For new users the platform makes it trivial to get up
> and running with a full Haskell development environment. For experienced
> developers, the platform provides a comprehensive, standard base for commercial
> and open source Haskell development that maximises interoperability and
> stability of your code.
> The 2010.1.0.0 release is a beta release for the GHC 6.12 series of compilers.
> It currently doesn't provide a Windows installer (which defaults to GHC 6.10.4
> for now). We expect to make the stable branch with GHC 6.12.2 in soon.
> This release includes a binary installer for Mac OS X Snow Leopard, as well as
> source bundles for an Unix system, and a new design.
> The Haskell Platform would not have been possible without the hard work
> of the Cabal development team, the Hackage developers and maintainers,
> the individual compiler, tool and library authors who contributed to the
> suite, and the distro maintainers who build and distribute the Haskell
> Platform.

Sorry for the late response, but just out of curiosity, are there any
plans to provide a binary installer for either the Haskell Platform or
GHC 6.12.1 for Mac OS X Leopard for the PowerPC CPU (as opposed to for
the Intel x86 CPU)?  I just checked the download-related Web sites for
both the Haskell Platform for the Mac (see and for GHC 6.12.1 (see, but could find no
relevant information.

Currently, I'm using GHC 6.8.2, but this is an outdated version.

-- Benjamin L. Russell

> Thanks!
> -- Don  (for The Platform Infrastructure Team)

"Furuike ya, kawazu tobikomu mizu no oto." -- Matsuo Basho^