Haskell Platform 2010.1.0.0 Windows installer RC3

Mikhail Glushenkov the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 12:33:05 EDT 2010

Hi,

Krasimir Angelov <kr.angelov <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Why alex, happy and cabal are in lib\extralibs\bin now?

Alex and Happy search for template files in ../{alex-$VERSION,happy-$VERSION},
relative to the executable location. If I had left them in $INSTDIR\bin, I'd
have to put these folders in the root HP directory, which is not very nice.

I think that putting all "extra HP stuff" under libs\extralibs is a
cleaner solution.

> The directory were in the path but Haskell\bin is before Haskell
> Platform\bin in the path and I had older versions of happy and alex in
> Haskell\bin. Still it would be nicer if all executables and all
> libraries were in the same place but this is minor issue.
>
> One more issue. When I am compiling Happy grammar I get warnings like
> the one bellow. This suggests that maybe the templates for Happy
> should be updated.

Bring this up with Happy's maintainer. BTW, there are also a lot of warnings
when compiling Happy itself - it would be nice to get those fixed too.