Compiling regex-posix on Windows

Milan Straka fox at
Fri Mar 26 08:20:38 EDT 2010

I had a similar problem, ghc 6.12.1, windows 32bit, posix-regex-0.94.1
from hackage. I used libregex.a (and corresponding dll) from Mingw.

My problem was that I could not link an application which imported

I was able to solve it by modifying a line
in package.conf.d/regex-posix-0.94.1blahblah to
ld-options: -lregex
(do not forget to ghc-pkg recache after that :)

When I tried importing Text.Regex.Posix in ghci now, it works.

I know adding a line to file in package.conf.d id not The Right Way, it
can be probably fixed in the .cabal file, but I just wanted a quick fix.

Does it work for you?