Compiling regex-posix on Windows

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 05:25:11 EDT 2010

On 25/03/2010 22:59, Mikhail Glushenkov wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Simon Marlow<marlowsd at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> You can't load a .a library into GHCi, so you need to get the regex
>> implementation from somewhere.  Is there a DLL?  If not, you'll have to
>> arrange to put the code into a .o that GHCi can load.
>
> How does regex-posix work in 6.10? I do not see a DLL included (and
> neither regex.h or libregex.a for that matter).
> I was under impression that a suitable .o file should get produced
> when I do 'cabal install regex-posix'.

regex-posix includes sources for the C regex library.  However, the
Cabal package for regex-posix on Hackage doesn't have these sources or
the configure scripts, presumably because they weren't listed as
extra-source-files in the .cabal file, so they are only in the darcs
repository.

The darcs repository is at http://code.haskell.org/regex-posix.  I
suggest grabbing that version and using it for the Windows platform
build. (don't forget to autoconf!)

Chris: can we get an updated regex-posix with the configure scripts and
C sources on Hackage please?

Cheers,
	Simon