Announce: Haskell Platform 2010.1.0.0 (beta) release

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Mar 22 11:06:17 EDT 2010

Live from (post-) Zurihac, I'm pleased to announce the 2010.1.0.0 (beta branch)
release of the Haskell Platform, supporting GHC 6.12.

    http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/

The Haskell Platform is a comprehensive, robust development environment for
programming in Haskell. For new users the platform makes it trivial to get up
and running with a full Haskell development environment. For experienced
developers, the platform provides a comprehensive, standard base for commercial
and open source Haskell development that maximises interoperability and
stability of your code.

The 2010.1.0.0 release is a beta release for the GHC 6.12 series of compilers.
It currently doesn't provide a Windows installer (which defaults to GHC 6.10.4
for now). We expect to make the stable branch with GHC 6.12.2 in soon.

This release includes a binary installer for Mac OS X Snow Leopard, as well as
source bundles for an Unix system, and a new design.

The Haskell Platform would not have been possible without the hard work
of the Cabal development team, the Hackage developers and maintainers,
the individual compiler, tool and library authors who contributed to the
suite, and the distro maintainers who build and distribute the Haskell
Platform.

Thanks!

-- Don  (for The Platform Infrastructure Team)