Haskell platform proposal: time-extras package

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Sat Mar 20 04:37:35 EDT 2010

All,

I'd like to propose my "time-extras" package to be included in the next
major release of the Haskell platform.

The "time" package, which is already in the Haskell Platform, is
currently restricted to Haskell 98. This means that it cannot, for
instance, export instances of the Data class (since this requires Rank2
or RankN).

The "time-extras" package contains functionality that would be in "time"
were it not for the 98 restriction. Its version number matches that of
"time". Currently, it consists only of Data instances.

I am the author and maintainer of "time" and "time-extras". Everyone is
invited to review this proposal, following the standard procedure for
proposing and reviewing packages:
  http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/AddingPackages

You can always find the latest version of this proposal here:
  http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/Proposals/time-extras

Hackage link:
  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/time-extras

--