Proposal: priority queues in containers

wren ng thornton wren at community.haskell.org
Thu Mar 18 22:27:24 EDT 2010

Bas van Dijk wrote:
> I'm even for splitting containers into sub-packages: maps, sets,
> sequence, graph and tree. Those sub-packages would then need to be
> added to the HP.
>
> Then we could turn containers into a meta-package that depends on
> these sub-packages (similar to how the HP works[1]).

In general I'm all for this, but there are some big details to work out.
The most pressing is the issue of backwards/forwards compatibility. I
think that before we head down this path we should get a mechanism in
place for making "metapackages" a reality ---that is, as something
distinct from the compatibility wrappers we currently use to patch the gaps.

But that's a topic for another thread, ne?

--
Live well,
~wren