Proposal: priority queues in containers

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 06:50:05 EDT 2010

On 17/03/2010 15:56, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:54:35AM -0500, Louis Wasserman wrote:
>>
>> On another note, Ian, it's really not very clear what the proper procedure
>> for adding test suites is.  Is it to just add a tester program separately
>> from the patch?  Is it to put the test suites somewhere within the
>> containers folder, and have them be an integral part of the patch?  There
>> seem to be some sort-of-test-ish files in the containers package already,
>> but I have no idea how to add new tests, and if the existing interface is
>> extensible, it's not at all clear how to extend it.
>
> The best way is probably to make tests using the GHC testsuite framework
> in tests/priority-queue/. The framework would benefit from some tweaking
> so that it is better able to test a single library in isolation, though.

Shouldn't the tests go in the library repo itself?

Also, if we want people to use the GHC testsuite framework for
individual library testing, we ought to separate the framework from the
huge test suite itself.

Then I bet we'd get complaints that it isn't written in the right
language :-)

Cheers,
	Simon