Proposal: priority queues in containers

Ian Lynagh igloo at
Tue Mar 16 12:20:43 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 08:54:15AM -0500, Louis Wasserman wrote:
> PROPOSAL:  Add a priority queue implementation to the containers package.
>  Specific modules will include Data.PQueue.Min, Data.PQueue.Max, and
> Data.PQueue.

I don't have an opinion on whether or not a priority queue should be
added to containers, although I do wonder how this implementation
compares to packages on hackage, e.g.:

Personally, I would also like to see us moving towards having a
testsuite for each library, so I would like to see new additions coming
with tests so that we aren't moving further from that goal.