Proposal: priority queues in containers

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Mar 16 10:06:40 EDT 2010

On 16 Mar 2010, at 13:54, Louis Wasserman wrote:

> PROPOSAL:  Add a priority queue implementation to the containers
> package.  Specific modules will include Data.PQueue.Min,
> Data.PQueue.Max, and Data.PQueue.

I have not yet needed a priority queue for any application, so I have
no specific technical opinion in this particular proposal.

I would suggest that if you continue to receive relative silence on
the topic, then it may not be a good candidate for the standard
"containers" library, simply because a demand for it has not yet been
demonstrated.  (You can easily release it as a separate package anyway.)

This, I hope, will be sufficient of a cue for anyone who _does_ care
about PQs to speak up now!

Regards,
     Malcolm