Doc fixes in Control.Exception

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sun Mar 7 17:46:50 EST 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 11:12:15PM +0100, Bas van Dijk wrote:

> I noticed some minor errors in the documentation of Control.Exception.
> The attached patch fixes them.

I'm not sure about the bit of the patch below. David,
Control/Exception.hs contains:

    -- ** Catching all exceptions

    -- $catchall

    [...]

    {- $catchall

    It is possible to catch all exceptions, by using the type 'SomeException':

but the reference to $catchall in Control/Exception/Base.hs isn't
working; in Control-Exception.html $catchall isn't expanded. Is that a
bug, or expected behaviour?

hunk ./Control/Exception/Base.hs 342
 --
 -- Note that we have to give a type signature to @e@, or the program
 -- will not typecheck as the type is ambiguous. While it is possible

Thanks
Ian