package naming policy

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Jun 11 07:20:45 EDT 2010

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Don Stewart wrote:

> Great points: I've added them to this wiki page of for and against
> points:
>
>    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Libraries/WhenToRewriteOrRename
>
> Please add points as you see fit, and maybe we can come up with a
> mitigation/change plan.

Closely related is the question of module names.
'transformers'+'monads-fd' are somehow an successor of 'mtl' and chose
distinct package names, but there were module name clashes. They mostly
hurted GHCi users, but this led to a lot of confusion, too.

So the question is, if FGL gets a new name, should it also use different
module names?