Error in Haddock documentation for process

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at
Fri Jul 30 11:50:38 EDT 2010

Simon Hengel <simon.hengel at> writes:

>> I just spotted the following problem in the documentation for
>> readProcess [1].  The documentation has the sample usage returning an
>> "IO (Either a String)" action, yet the function only returns an "IO
>> String".
>>   > readProcess "date" [] []
>>   Right "Thu Feb  7 10:03:39 PST 2008\n"
> This has already been fixed. See my mail from July 11.

OK, I obviously didn't use the right search terms...

As for the second part your patch fixed (it only returning stdout), what
happens to stderr then? just uses the normal stderr to the console?

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at