Most popular libraries not in the HP

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at
Sun Jul 18 03:58:04 EDT 2010

Henk-Jan van Tuyl wrote:
> Don Stewart wrote:
>> Questions remain about what GUI lib to bring in, to augment the OpenGL
>> suite.
>>     * gtk2hs
>>     * wxHaskell
> I tried GTK+ (with gtk2hs) a few years ago, together with Glade (the
> windows designer for GTK+), and found many serious bugs in a short time.
> I decided not to use it. It might just have been the Windows port that
> has these bugs; SourceForge showed that only one person was working on
> that port. That is not the only downside: it has an LGPL license.

I'm on MacOS and it's similar for me. GTK just keeps crashing randomly
or behaving weirdly, reducing the utility of cool tools like  hp2any .

Even if it's not a native GUI on MacOS, I'd at least accept gtk2hs if it
were bundling a precompiled version of the GTK libraries that just works

Heinrich Apfelmus