ANNOUNCE: fgl-5.4.2.3

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 02:39:34 EDT 2010

I'm pleased to present the first new release of fgl [1] since Thomas
Bereknyei took over maintaining it from Martin Erwig.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/fgl

Before people start panicking, rioting, etc., please check the version
number: this is just a bug-fix release, and not the complete re-write
version which we've been talking about (since we got a little
sidetracked, etc.).  As such, the API hasn't changed, and this should
fit right in to packages already using fgl (sorry to all those people
who followed my advice and put "fgl == 5.4.2.2" in the build-depends
fields of their packages' .cabal files, but I didn't expect to make
another 5.4.y release).

The exact change that has been made is to fix a bug pointed out to me by
Tristan Allwood, in that Data.Graph.Inductive.PatriciaTree didn't
support multiple edges (and furthermore this wasn't specified in the
documentation).  This has now been rectified.  As an indication of what
these changes mean, see this sample call graph produced by my
SourceGraph program; when using PatriciaTree from fgl-5.4.2.2 the lines
were all the same thickness; now there is among other things a loop of
width 32 on getExp and a line of width 7 from getExp to maybeEnt.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com