cabal sdist doesn't include c headers

Chris Casinghino chris.casinghino at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 16:54:35 EST 2010

Hi all,

I have a cabal package which includes some C code.  In the library
description I have the two fields:

  include-dirs:      contrib/libpuz/include
  includes:          contrib/libpuz/include/puz.h

But the file contrib/libpuz/include/puz.h is missing from the tarball
generated by running "cabal sdist".  There are C sources (mentioned
using a "c-sources" line) which depend on this header.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or the desired behavior.  What is the
recommended way to get this file into the sdist tarball?  For now,
I've added the header to the "extra-source-files" field.  This works
fine.

cabal --version reports:

cabal-install version 0.6.2
using version 1.6.0.3 of the Cabal library

Thanks for your help!

--Chris Casinghino