Bug in Parsec.Token

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at credit-suisse.com
Wed Feb 17 02:44:04 EST 2010

Don Stewart wrote:
> garious:
>>> I've applied the 2.1 patch to
>>>    http://darcs.haskell.org/old-from-monk/parsec/
>>> but I think that is unmaintained now.
>> Thanks Ian!
>> Unmaintained, eh?  Are people migrating to Parsec 3.0?  Last
>> discussion I heard about that (many months ago), Parsec 3.0 had some
>> performance issues when used as a drop-in replacement for 2.1.  I
>> notice that Haskell Platform ships with 2.1 and that the RWH chapter
>> stays within the subset of 2.1.  Anyone know if the Haskell Platform
>> is changing to 3.0 in the next release?
> The gitit team *won't move to parsec 3 because it is too slow*.

I thought someone recently had a look at the performance of parsec 3 and
managed to get it pretty much the same as that of parsec 2?

The main obstacle to applying the work seemed to be that the author was
worried about having made a fundamental data structure change in the
process of switching to CPS.