Library proposals

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sat Dec 11 13:40:16 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 05:08:20PM +0000, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> On 10 Dec 2010, at 10:40, Johan Tibell wrote:
>
>> Here's a proposal: don't have mailing lists maintain libraries.
>>
>> My suggestion is that every library has a dedicated maintainer
>
> A strong +1 from me.  A certain amount of discussion about APIs on
> mailing lists is appropriate, perhaps especially for Platform packages.
> But ultimately, a real human maintainer must exist and take charge of the
> package(s) they own.

If that's the consensus then we need volunteers to maintain:

array
base
containers
directory
extensible-exceptions
haskell2010
haskell98
hpc
integer-gmp
mtl
old-locale
old-time
pretty
process
random
template-haskell
unix

(and probably a few more that are not in my GHC tree). Win32 is also not
actively maintained at the moment, AFAIK.

Thanks
Ian