Library proposals

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at
Thu Dec 9 23:15:33 CET 2010

Ian Lynagh wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 05:48:30PM -0000, Sittampalam, Ganesh wrote:
>> Ian Lynagh wrote:
>>> This sort of disagreement is exactly what the process was designed
>>> to avoid: People shouldn't be surprised by changes, as they have
>>>     been discussed and agreed on the mailing list.
>> Despite reading the libraries list, I've been uniformly surprised
>> when I've run into changes in the wild. IMO It's too hard to keep
>> track of
>> an overview, amongst all the noise of discussions of individual
>> proposals. Perhaps if we had a web page with a log of accepted
>> proposals and
>> those under discussion would help the situation, by gathering just
>> the summaries together in one place.
> I'm not sure I see how this would help. When you run into a change in
> the wild, don't you already know what it is? Are you wanting to be
> able to look up exactly what changed? Or when it changed? Or whether
> it was actually agreed, rather than an accidental change?

All of the above.

The other purpose would be that I think reading the page every so often
would help me to remember what's going on - it's hard to do that with
the libraries list because as well as the proposals there's all the
discussion around them.