regex-tdfa issue with large regexps

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Mon Aug 23 22:42:33 EDT 2010

Hi and thanks again Christopher.. I just used regex-tdfa for the first
time. I'm looking for a native haskell regex lib that's installable
and reliable on all platforms. Perl-style regexps would be ideal. I
know regex-tdfa doesn't support these (yet ?) but it did install
easily on windows which is promising.

I noticed it's quite sensitive to regexp size; it will eat all ram on
my 1G mac with regexps larger than 500 chars or so. With pcre-light, I
could get up to about 32K before a runtime error.

Is there an issue tracker for the regex packages ?

Best,
-Simon