Another API stability plea

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at
Mon Aug 23 01:41:17 EDT 2010

On 23 August 2010 15:36, Conrad Parker <conrad at> wrote:
> On 23 August 2010 14:08, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
>> What do you mean by "archive management"?
> I meant the management of archives (experimental, unstable etc.) by Hackage.

Oh, an indication of a package's stability and having a separate
package listing for experimental packages?

I think in terms of Hackage, just having a stable/experimental
division should be sufficient without an extra "unstable" middle
ground: experimental indicates that you're working on something new
(and hopefully cool) that you want feedback on but shouldn't actually
be used for real code yet.

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at