Proposal: Add a strict version of foldlWithKey to Data.Map

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at
Sun Aug 22 18:23:52 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Ian Lynagh <igloo at> wrote:

> Well, if there's a GHC code performance bug then we should fix it, but I
> don't think we should use a workaround in the libraries that gives a
> function the wrong strictness.

The generated core has the strictness we want, the Haskell just doesn't
reflect that (which means it could break in the future). I think we should
stick with the current definition until we can come up with a better one
that still gives the right core.

I've filed a bug: