Adding manual worker/wrapper transforms to Data.Map

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at
Fri Aug 20 06:07:40 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at>wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Roman Leshchinskiy <rl at>wrote:
>>  Out of curiosity, is balance strict in the third argument? If not, does
>> it make a difference if you make it strict?
> I haven't checked since Milan completely rewrote balance but hasn't
> integrated his changes yet. I'll have a look at balance once those changes
> are in.

$ ghc --show-iface dist/build/Data/Map.hi

   balance :: forall k a.
             k -> a -> Data.Map.Map k a -> Data.Map.Map k a -> Data.Map.Map
k a
    {- Arity: 4 Strictness: SLSS -}

So I guess it's strict in the 3rd (and 4th) argument.

-- Johan