Questions about iteratee package

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 19:28:10 EDT 2010

Hi Paulo,

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Paulo Tanimoto <ptanimoto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:38 AM, Edward Z. Yang <ezyang at mit.edu> wrote:
>> Excerpts from Conrad Parker's message of Fri Aug 06 03:28:01 -0400 2010:
>>> you might also want to look at the new names in John's development
>>> branch, which seem to be closer to Oleg's usage:
>>>
>>> http://tanimoto.us/~jwlato/haskell/iteratee/
>>
>> Ah, that's much better! I anxiously await a new release. :-)

I've set a release date of August 25th.

> Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you.  What remains
> to be implemented/tested?

The one module that needs a lot of work is the character-processing
stuff.  I don't do much of that sort of work myself, so if anyone
could either make recommendations for a desired API, or code it and
submit, I would be most appreciative.

I have created a new list, iteratee at projects.haskell.org, which would
probably be a better forum for discussion than libraries at haskell.org.
Please subscribe if you're interested in iteratees; we can continue
this discussion there.

> If I remember correctly, the development branch is based on the CPS
> version of Iteratee, so existing code will have to be adjusted to it.

Yes.  This may be easy, or not.  The changes are most substantial if
you wrote custom enumerators or did pattern matching on IterGVs.  IMO
the new code is usually cleaner and shorter, but it does take a bit of
work to convert.

Cheers,
John