Proposal: Make Permissions type abstract

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Tue Aug 3 07:20:44 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 06:47:59PM +0300, Yitzchak Gale wrote:
> Ian Lynagh wrote:
> > Proposal: Make Permissions type abstract
> > Ticket: http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/4149
>
> +1.
>
> It is possible that this will still break some packages.
> Do we know how many packages, and which, are potentially
> affected?

Sorry for the slow reply. I've updated the patch with Duncan's
suggestion of setOwner* names, and done a hackage regression run with
that patch (and removing the export from haskell98's Directory).

Both with and without the patches, of 2219 packages, cabal can make an
install plan for 920, and 590 are actually buildable. i.e. 0 packages
are affected, as far as I can tell.

Thanks
Ian