Haskell 2010 libraries

Felipe Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 18:52:14 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 09:37:39PM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
> I like the picture where we have a small base, lots of independent
> packages, and one or more haskell20xx packages that re-exports all
> the standardised stuff from the other packages.  This arrangement
> extends smoothly, the only problem is that haskell20xx overlaps with
> the other packages.

I wonder how much pain will there be when Haskell 2011 comes out.
Some packages will depend on haskell2010, and others on
haskell2011.  Will they integrate and compile fine?

If haskell2010 is a metapackage that says

  Depends: base == X.Y.*

and haskell2011 is another metapackage that says

  Depends: base == Z.W.*

then I think we're going to have big problems.  Sorry if this is
a resolved issue. :)

Thanks,

--
Felipe.