Proposal #3999: Improved folds for Data.Map and Data.IntMap

Louis Wasserman wasserman.louis at
Mon Apr 26 13:20:00 EDT 2010

> I'm not sure why you don't just use curry directly here. Also, why not just
> implement toAscList like in the rule and INLINE it?
I concede that using curry directly is the better approach, but when I
implement toAscList as in the rule and inline it, it doesn't actually appear
to get inlined.  (Example: mapKeysWith, which is defined as fromListWith c . fFirst . toList, doesn't actually fold/build with the map.)

Revised, complete patch: