[stephen.tetley@gmail.com: Re: [Haskell-cafe] The 8 Most Important GSoC Projects]

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sun Apr 25 19:19:38 EDT 2010

We may not have a PVP checker yet, but here's a start.

----- Forwarded message from Stephen Tetley <stephen.tetley at gmail.com> -----

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 22:40:06 +0100
From: Stephen Tetley <stephen.tetley at gmail.com>
Cc: haskell-cafe at haskell.org
Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] The 8 Most Important GSoC Projects

Hello All

I had a little experiment along the lines of "A Package Versioning
Policy Checker" a few months ago. I got as far as using
Haskell-src-exts to extract module export list, but didn't work out
out a hashing scheme for the actual type signatures.

The project is minimal, but it does have code to reconcile module
paths from a Cabal file using the Distribution library (which was more
work than I imagined). It might make a reasonable starting point if
someone wants to pick it up - afraid I'm not a student nor could I
commit to being a mentor.

http://copperbox.googlecode.com/files/precis-0.1.0.tar.gz

Best wishes

Stephen