Patch to add process group support

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 08:57:23 EDT 2010

For future reference, the procedure for changes like this is to follow
the Library Submissions guidelines at
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions.

In this case you've already made a patch and a detailed proposal, so I
don't see any reason why we shouldn't consider it anyway.

My thoughts on the changes:

  - yes to adding new_group to the CreateProcess record, and
    corresponding support to System.Process.Internals

  - no to adding runCommandNewGroup, and the other *NewGroup
    functions.  These were kept mostly for backwards compatibility
    anyway, the new API is createProcess, shell, proc, readProcess.
    I don't think people need new_group often enough to provide
    canned variants of runCommand etc. for it.

Cheers,
	Simon