Proposal: System.FilePath: current directory should be ".", not ""

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 09:36:36 EDT 2009

Hello Simon,

>>> The main change is that

let me ask another question - are it's expected to raise FilePath
library major version number? i ask as developer who is used copy of
FilePath deep inside of my program. if i rely on hackage for providing
the library, it was very unpleasant to see that program has become
buggy w/o any notice with new version of FilePath incompatible with
previous one

from this POV, it was much better to provide one more function for
doing new thing. you, GHC developers, use a lot of libraries built-in
in GHC source tree. just imagine what you start using hackage and
discovered that you need to fix a lot of bugs appeared in your program
after every major GHC release

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com