Network library broken on Windows with GHC 6.12rc1

Don Stewart dons at
Thu Oct 22 16:06:31 EDT 2009

> Hi
> Given that the Network library is so critical, and so environment/compiler
> dependent, it worries me that the maintainer doesn't have access to Windows and
> that there isn't a buildbot service running anywhere. Network is a very key
> Haskell library, and it being broken stops me from testing GHC :-(. I know it's
> heresy to suggest libraries get rebundled with GHC, but it would be great from
> my perspective!

The GHC team doesn't have the resources to test this stuff, however, if
you're volunteering a buildbot slave, that would be great.

Or perhaps this is a good task for the IHG to fund -- library dev machines.