Proposal: System.FilePath: current directory should be ".", not ""

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at
Sun Nov 15 17:01:59 EST 2009

On Nov 14, 2009, at 09:02 , Duncan Coutts wrote:
> On the other hand it doesn't quite align with people's notion of
> relative paths so people might hate it :-).

Seems to me this approach handles Windows better.  There is no single
"current directory"; it's one per drive letter (plus one for
"default", which might not be a drive letter if you "cd" to a UNC
path).  It also handles building paths for processes launched
somewhere not the current directory, which seems like a big win to me.

brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery at
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at