time package - parsing of incorrect data

Paolo Losi paolo.losi at gmail.com
Mon May 25 05:29:21 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm experimenting with time package parsing functionalities.
I'm trying to verify what happens with inconsistent input data.

 From what I've seen, incorrect days are "truncated" while incorrect
hours are left unmodified leading to inconsistent data.

Is this the intended behaviour? Would it be more appropriate
to return a parsing Error (Nothing in the following example)?

with time-1.1.3:

 > parseTime defaultTimeLocale "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M" "2008-04-31 25:30" ::
Maybe LocalTime
Just 2008-04-30 25:30:00

Thanks
Paolo