transformers versus mtl

Sittampalam, Ganesh ganesh.sittampalam at
Mon Mar 23 04:38:26 EDT 2009

Ross Paterson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 06:31:08AM -0000, Sittampalam, Ganesh wrote:
>> Essentially we have the choice of producing full compatibility by
>> keeping the separate type in mtl, in which case State from mtl is not
>> State from transformers, or partial compatibility by re-exporting the
>> transformers one.
> Yes, we must choose between full compatibility with mtl and full
> compatibility with transformers.  A quick implementation of the
> former is
> The separate versions of State etc are present, but deprecated.

Cool. I've been been playing around with regression testing
hackage following Duncan's blog post on the subject - I've got a
baseline test running now and will try your mtl-compat out next, and
then a variant with the transformers compatibility.