proposal #3335: make some Applicative functions into methods, and split off Data.Functor

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 09:10:12 EDT 2009

Either way there is an asymmetry when Functor is involved, putting it in
Control would break up the cluster of:

import Data.Functor
import Data.Foldable
import Data.Traversable

So, I can't see it mattering too much which color the bikeshed is painted,
but if the community decides that Control.Functor is the place this should
go I'll happily move the Control.Functor module in category-extras to
another name.

-Edward Kmett