[Haskell] Re: Top Level

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Thu Jun 18 05:09:36 EDT 2009

Simon Marlow wrote:
> So why shouldn't OpenGL be naming its modules OpenGL.*, rather than
> Graphics.Rendering.OpenGL.*?  Personally, I can't think of any sufficiently
> compelling reasons any more.

If everyone does that, it will flatten the Haddocks tree into one
huge list. Some people told me they already use only textual
search to navigate Haddocks, but I find the structure very helpful,
including the higher-level names that hint at functionality.

All of the other changes suggested in this thread
would improve the usability of the Haddocks tree,
provided that we standardize on them. But if everyone has
their own idea about how to classify functionality, we're
back to the same problem.

Regards,
Yitz