control-timeout: deprecated?

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Tue Jun 9 01:31:52 EDT 2009

Thomas DuBuisson wrote:

> Erik said:
> > Well, if you roll a new version of control-event, I'll try porting
> > network-dns to control-event.
>
> Give me a week or two and I should get one out.

There is a different in the function signature between the two
versions. Control.Timeout has:

    addTimeoutAtomic :: Float -> IO (IO () -> STM TimeoutTag)

while your Control.Event.Timeout has:

    addTimeoutAtomic :: Float -> IO () -> IO (STM TimeoutTag)

Was that intentional? As a relative newbie, I can't immediately see
how to port code from the first to the second.

There is also a little matter of documentation :-).

Erik