control-timeout: deprecated?

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at
Mon Jun 8 19:57:43 EDT 2009

I should probably do a refresh of Control-Event - it was right when I
was starting to learn proper Haskell style; I soon discovered STM and
used it for everything... even when I shouldn't.  To cut down on any
investigation you might do here is a rundown:

Control-Event uses absolute times (control-timeout uses relative) -
this can be slower, but might be what you want and allows you to add
events via STM actions (no IO after the fact).  Control-Event also has
a control-timeout compatability shim (Control.Event.TImeout).  On the
other hand, it still uses old-time and really should be ported to the
'time' package along with getting proper version bounds in the .cabal

CE Benchmarks/Blog: