Announce: second alpha release of OSX haskell platform installer

Sebastian Fischer sebf at
Thu Jun 4 02:35:00 EDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 10:54 PM, Gregory Collins wrote:

> The second build of the OSX installer is now available for limited
> testing:
> Apparently this one actually works. [...]
> If nobody finds any issues with this version of the installer, I'll
> bundle up a .dmg file for release.

It failed on my machine (Mac Book with OS X 10.5.7, ghc-6.10.1) with
the following error:

"The following install step failed: run post install step for
OpenGL- Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

'ghc --version' and 'ghc-pkg list' do not show different output before
and after the (failed) install.

Underestimating the novelty of the future is a time-honored tradition.