PROPOSAL: Add openFileTemplate, openBinaryFileTemplate to System.IO

Thomas Schilling nominolo at
Fri Jul 24 19:27:04 EDT 2009

Sorry, I don't get this.  I thought the "temp" in openTempFile stood
for "temporary" not "template".  And what would the signature of these
new functions would look like and what exactly they would do.