Volunteers for a Haskell Platform steering committee

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 20 15:25:57 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 14:47 -0400, Isaac Dupree wrote:
> Adam Wick wrote:
> >> We are now seeking volunteers for this steering committee.
> >
> > If there's still space, I'd like to join up, if just to represent the
> > interest of Galois's fairly large existing code base as well as our
> > future development efforts.

> yes, that makes four of us so far
> (me) Isaac Dupree
> Thomas Schilling
> Iavor Diatchki
> Adam Wick

Johan Tibell also volunteered.

> Anyone else? It wouldn't hurt to have another volunteer (or two), but
> things aren't bad now either :-)

I should have said at the beginning that I was also volunteering, partly
as a communication link with the release team.

So that'd make 6 which is within 5 +/- 1 :-)

Does that all seem ok?

I should point out again that the steering committee is not intended to
have that much power when it comes to actual policy decisions, it's
there to make sure that we as a community actually do make decisions one
way or another on important policy issues affecting the platform.
Interest groups can make their arguments directly on the libraries
mailing list when issues are discussed.

Duncan