PROPOSAL: Put DiffArray in its own diffarray package

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Sat Jul 11 17:50:56 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Proposal:
    Put DiffArray in its own diffarray package

DiffArray currently has serious performance problems; see
and is not currently being actively maintained. However, as part of the
corelib array it gives the impression that it is a "blessed" library.

I propose that we split DiffArray off into its own diffarray package.
This also has the advantage that it can then be maintained by a separate
maintainer, if someone is interested, and it will be decoupled from
GHC's major release schedule.

Deadline: 26 July (2 weeks).

Thanks
Ian