Proposal for Data.List.splitBy

Marcus D. Gabriel marcus at
Sun Jan 11 13:14:24 EST 2009

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> On 2009 Jan 4, at 17:59, Marcus D. Gabriel wrote:
>> Henning Thielemann wrote:
>>> I assumed that the discussion was resolved by
>> I did not have that impression.
> The discussion demonstrated why there is no standard split in
> Data.List:  nobody can agree on how it should work.  Hence the Split
> package, which should allow us to find out which ones get used and
> which don't, and which are viable candidates for addition to Data.List.

I did not really interpret the Split package this way, but thank  you
for pointing
this out to me.  Let me follow up with Duncan's response and see if I
can explain
myself better.

  Marcus D. Gabriel, Ph.D.                         Saint Louis, FRANCE            mailto:marcus at
  Tel: +                   Portable: +