Proposal #2560 again: add newtype Down/ReverseOrd to Data.Ord

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at
Tue Jan 6 19:10:08 EST 2009

kahl at schrieb:

> Of course, alternatives remain available,
> in the spirit of Henning Thielemann's ``Warm, fuzzy thing Transformer'':
>> It was argued that people avoid Haskell because of terms from Category
>> theory like 'Monad'. This problem can now be solved by a wrapper which
>> presents all the WWW without monads! Start e.g. at
> ;-)

Thanks for quoting it!
Btw. now you can also access it via a warmer, but less fuzzier URL:

I can easily add a replacement Ord.Dual -> "Somehow different" and
"Existential quantification -> Hidden type variable" ...