bug in System.Info in ghc 6.8.2 and ghc 6.10.1

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sat Feb 28 14:24:05 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 08:59 -0800, David Roundy wrote:
> It seems that System.Info.compilerVersion doesn't know the minor
> release number of ghc.  This looks like a bug to me.

Last time I asked I was told it was by design. Similarly the
__GLASGOW_HASKELL__ cpp macro does not tell you the patch level. I
believe the rationale is that minor ghc versions are compatible (though
because they're not really 100% in all cases they did add a patch level
cpp macro). So you can try opening a ghc ticket, see if you can persuade
them to reconsider.

Duncan